Stefano Bottacchi, «Multi-Gigabit Transmission over Multimode Optical Fibre: Theory and Design Methods for 10GbE Systems»
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons | Jan 2002 | ISBN: 0471891754 | Pages: 472 | Format: PDF | Size: 59 MB
Multi-Gigabit Transmission over Multimode Optical Fibre presents a system design approach to single-wavelength laser-based multimode optical fibre transmission systems, operating at multi-gigabit data rates. The first part of the book focuses on theoretical issues, covering close-form mathematical modelling of multimode fibre behaviour, with special attention on the impulse response. Part two presents a modular system modelling approach discussing its features, applications, and limitations. The author gives a detailed discussion of the Electronic Dispersion Compensator implemented using the Decision Feedback Equalizer technique. In addition, pioneering laboratory measurements of 10GbE over several hundreds of meters of legacy multimode fibres are presented in a systematic context for the first time.
Multi-Gigabit Transmission over Multimode Optical Fibre:
* Provides a comprehensive guide to single-wavelength laser-based multimode optical fibre transmission systems, covering physics, systems and networks.
* Covers the theory, modelling and design criteria of high speed and multimode fibre optic communication systems.
* Explains waveguide theories, opto-electronic devices and system design.
* Offers a self-contained description of the optical pulse propagation theory.
* Discusses Electronic Dispersion Compensation technique as the most efficient mitigation of the multimode pulse dispersion.
Multi-Gigabit Transmission over Multimode Optical Fibre will be an essential resource for R&D engineers and system designers, as well as advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students in the area of telecommunications and networking.