IconLover v5.19 Portable | 7 MB
IconLover is a powerful, yet easy to use icon software for making your own icons for any operating system, including Windows, Mac OS, UNIX/Linux and iPhone. It creates native Windows icons (ICO format) of all sizes, up to 256x256 used in Windows Vista and Windows 7, and native MacOS icons (ICNS format) up to 512x512 pixels (this size is used in the latest Mac OS "Leopard" and "Snow Leopard" versions). UNIX/Linux and iPhone use icons in PNG format which is fully supported by IconLover - you can create icons in this format from scratch or convert the existing Windows and Mac OS icons to PNG.
Numerous advanced features including support for variable transparency, built-in drop shadow, smoothing, roll, mirror and other effects, support for multi-layer images, ability to import and export a variety of image formats and batch processing of icons make IconLover the tool of choice for many professional icon designers.
Create and Edit Animated GIFs
IconLover features native support for GIF animation. You can use this icon software to create animated images, banners and buttons in almost no time.
Create and Edit Bitmap Images for Web and Other Uses
IconLover can also be used for creating and editing bitmap images in a variety of formats: BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TGA, TIFF etc. It supports transparency and a full range of other format-specific features.
Support for Windows Vista and Windows 7 compressed PNG Icons
IconLover fully supports the compressed PNG format recommended for 256x256 icons in Windows Vista and Windows 7. It helps reduce the overall size of the file without sacrificing image quality and preserves alpha channel transparency.
Automatically Create Icons from Images
Some designers prefer working with familiar software and then import the resulting image to IconLover and convert it to icons. With support for a variety of image formats, including Adobe Photoshop (PSD), IconLover enables icon designers easily convert images to icons.
Export Icon to Bitmap Images
You can also use IconLover to open Windows and Mac OS icon files (ICO, ICNS) and export them to common bitmap formats for use on a website, blog, application splash-screen etc.
Convert Icons between Windows and Mac OS
Full support for Windows (ICO) and Mac OS (ICNS) icon formats enables designers to use IconLover for easy conversion of icons between these operating systems. You can open a Mac OS icon in this icon software and save it for use on a Windows PC, and vice versa.
With IconLover 5.19, you can:
- Manage icons, static and animated cursors, icon and cursor libraries and image lists
- Create and edit smooth semi-transparent icons, static and animated cursors for Windows XP
- Create and edit icons in standard and custom sizes, with color depth up to 32-bit True Color
- Create and edit animated GIF images
- Make stylish icons from your images
- Paint images with gradients and fills
- Create multi-layer images
- Modify images with drop shadow, opacity, smoothing, negative, grayscale, colorization, rotation, roll and mirror effects
- Import and export ICO, BMP, JPEG, ANI, CUR, GIF, PNG, TGA, TIFF, WMF, WBMP, XPM, XBM and Adobe Photoshop PSD image formats
- Import Mac OS icons from ICNS and RSRC files
- Make icons in ICNS format for Mac OS
- Manage icon libraries for better and more efficient image storage
- Extract icons from Windows executables, libraries and animated cursor files, ZIP and RAR archives
- Download icons from the Internet
- Modify icons inside executables
- Search in folders for icons and cursors
- Convert or apply effects to multiple icons at once
- Customize desktop and folder icons