Valhalla DSP ValhallaRoom v1.1.0 (Win / Mac OS X) | 17.6 MB
ValhallaRoom is a versatile, true stereo algorithmic reverb. It features eleven original reverberation algorithms (including the latest Dark reverb modes, Nostromo, Narcissus, Sulaco and LV-426), and has been designed from the ground up to produce a wide range of natural reverberation sounds. Sounds range from tight ambiences and rooms, through traditional hall and plate sounds, all the way up to vast modulated spaces. The algorithm designs have been influenced by some of the “classic” room simulation boxes, as well as state of the art modern theory.
• Unique Early reverb section allows user to dial in subtle and short bursts of early reverberation energy, as well as gated reverbs up to 1 second in length.
• The Late section produces natural reverb decays ranging from 0.1 seconds to 100 seconds. The decay can be controlled in 3 adjustable frequency bands.
• Both Early and Late reverb sections have adjustable modulation, to produce sounds ranging from lush chorusing, to subtle and natural long decays.
• ValhallaRoom is true stereo. The Early and Late reverb sections are both stereo-in, stereo-out. The spread of energy between the stereo channels can be controlled over time, which helps preserve the input spatial image.
• The GUI has been designed for easy navigation, and is inspired by Joseph Müller-Brockmann, NASA control panels, and Sesame Street.
• Resizable GUI. Make it really big, or really tiny, or whatever suits you best.
• A comprehensive preset browser makes saving, recalling and sharing settings easy.
• Fully compatible with 32 and 64 bit DAWs (32/64 bit VST for OSX and Windows, 32/64 bit Audio Units for OSX, 32-bit RTAS for OSX and Windows).
• Eleven original reverberation algorithms:
• Large Room – designed to emulate big rooms with a wide spatial impression, with smooth “detuning” modulation
• Medium Room – sparser than Large Room, with a more random modulation
• Bright Room – a lush, shinier-than-life reverb, with deep modulation and a somewhat slower attack
• Large Chamber – a smooth decay with consistent high echo density and subtle detuning modulation
• Dark Room – a new reverb mode added to V1.0.6. A hybrid between the grungy early digital reverbs and the modern algorithms found in ValhallaRoom, with reduced high frequency content, noisy yet lush randomized modulation, a HUGE spatial image, echo density ranging from grungy to dense while retaining clarity, and tons of mojo.
• Dark Chamber. Similar to the original Large Chamber algorithm, but bigger and darker, with deeper detuning modulation.
• Dark Space. A HUGE dark space, with a somewhat sparser early echo density and deep detuning modulation.
• Nostromo. Deep, dark, echoing reverb. Very sparse early echo density, slow density build, random modulation, wide spatial image.
• Narcissus. Dark, lush, wide, with random modulation that quickly builds into rich chorusing. The little sibling of Nostromo, but it is still big. Designed for low CPU consumption.
• Sulaco. Dark with lush modulation, and a well-centered stereo image. The Late Size control can sweep the reverb from tight rooms to vast echoing spaces.
• LV-426. New For Version 1.1.0. A dark, deep space reverb, with the wide spatial image of Nostromo and Narcissus, but with a much higher initial echo density than either of those reverbs. LV-426 has a somewhat slower attack than the other modes, and has highly diffuse random modulation for lush decays.
ValhallaRoom has been designed from a psychoacoustic perspective. Instead of creating a simplified physical model of a simplified physical space, VRoom generates early and late acoustic energy that provides the spatial and phase cues needed to create an “idealized” room impression.
An algorithmic vision of perfection and precision. It’s Grade A class, Number One in its division.