Ashampoo Magic Defrag | v1.01, 09/21/2005 | 3.34MB | Windows 2K, XP and 2003 | ENG/GER
|“||When did you last defragment your hard disk? Nearly everyone knows it’s necessary but hardly anyone does it regularly.|
In the course of time Windows takes longer and longer to find data on your hard disk. This happens because files get split up into more and more fragments stored in different places all over the disk. Finding and reading these fragments takes much longer than accessing a file that is all stored in the same place.
Users of Ashampoo Magic Defrag don’t need to worry about this problem, because the program keeps their hard disks defragmented for them. In fact, they hardly even notice it’s there.
Ashampoo Magic Defrag Highlights:
* Defragments the hard disk automatically and "invisibly" in the background.
* Pauses defragmentation automatically as soon as other programs require processor capacity or access the hard disk.
* Switching to Pause mode only takes around one second.
* No analysis needed - defragmentation starts immediately! The advanced defragmentation algorithm eliminates the need for a time-consuming analysis phase. This means that the program is genuinely productive whenever it's running, even if it's just for a few seconds.
* Install & Forget: Once the program is installed it runs in the background as a service and keeps the hard disk defragmented automatically.
* Statistic functions for monitoring defragmentation.
* Multi-user support: Once the administrator has installed the program it keeps running, even on restricted user accounts without administrator rights.
* Also defragments the hard disk when no user is logged in.
* Can be controlled and monitored via a local network.
Ashampoo Magic Defrag runs on Windows® 2000, XP and 2003 Server