DameWare NT Utilities 220.127.116.11 | 22,9 MB
DameWare NT Utilities (DNTU) is an enterprise system management application for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista which allows Administrators to go beyond the limitations of Microsoft's Management Console (MMC). DNTU provides an integrated collection of Microsoft Windows NT administration utilities, incorporated within a "easy to use" centralized interface for remote management of Windows Servers and Workstations. Most all of the standard utilities are included within DNTU's powerful Explorer-style interface, many of which have been greatly enhanced to provide superior performance, added functionality, and ease of use. DNTU also contains custom NT tools including the DameWare Mini Remote Control program and the Exporter, and also supports the use of standard shell property pages and shell context menus.
DNTU also contains custom NT tools including the DameWare Mini Remote Control program and the Exporter, and also supports the use of standard shell property pages and shell context menus.
DNTU also contains a powerful Active Directory Object Browser, and extensive Active Directory functionality for retrieving, searching, and filtering of all AD Objects & attributes. Management of objects such as OUs (Organizational Units), Containers, Users, Groups, Contacts, Computers, & Shares, as well as attributes that are not available within Microsoft's MMC (i.e. Photos, Logos, employee ID, etc…) are all supported.
DNTU's exclusive Quick OU & Picture/Logo management functionality just further emphasizes DameWare Development's commitment to producing quality products that are easy to use.
In addition to Active Directory, DNTU also supports management of Domains, Workstations, Disk Drives, Event Logs, Local Groups, Global Groups, Domain members, Open Files, Printers, Processes, Properties, Registry, Services, Sessions, Shares, ShutDown/Reboot, Software, Terminal Services/RDP, Users, Wake-on-LAN, and many more features. DNTU continues to support legacy (non-AD) Microsoft Windows Network implementation via a dynamic "Microsoft Windows Network" Browser tree view.
Domain controllers, servers and workstations, as well as non-browsable machines (machines that by
default are not shown in Microsoft's Windows Network Browser), can easily be managed via machine name or IP address after being added to the network browser tree view. DNTU basically gives you the ability to manage your Windows network from one easy to use Explorer-style interface.
DNTU also includes the DameWare Mini Remote Control program for fast and easy deployment and troubleshooting, and the Exporter to quickly extract information from remote Windows machines. For additional information on these products, please take a look at their corresponding product information pages.
DameWare Development's affordable licensing policy is based on the number of administrators actually using the software, regardless of the number of servers or clients being accessed.
Here are some key features of "DameWare NT Utilities":
· DNTU's Active Directory functionality does not require the user to be currently logged into the Domain in order to function. We also continually receive comments from our user community, that the implementation of our Active Directory interface is one of the best on the market today. Not only in functionality, but also in flexibility and ease of use.
· DNTU also includes the Mini Remote Control program, as well as the DameWare Exporter. So you are actually getting three powerful products all in one low price.
· DNTU is a multi-threaded application, which allows for enhanced performance and speed. So you don't have to wait for one View to finish loading before starting another task within the software. You also have the ability to customize the thread priorities.
· DNTU is implemented within an MDI (Multiple Document) interface. In other words, you can have multiple views open for the same machine or even several different machines simultaneously.
· The purchase of DNTU also includes 12-months of complimentary maintenance for these licenses, and support for our software is included free of charge (even before you decide to purchase the software).
· Active Directory:
DNTU's Active Directory functionality is only supported on machines running Windows 2000 and above. However, even though it is not directly supported, many of DNTU's Active Directory features will still work on machines running Windows NT4 SP-6a, provided you also installed Microsoft's Active Directory Client Extensions (DSClient.exe) for Windows NT4.
· Active Directory Client Extensions for Windows 95/98 and Windows NT 4.0
Exchange 2000/2003 support is provided in version 4.x and above within DNTU's AD Object Views (AD Users & Computers, AD Users container, etc…), and does not require Microsoft's Exchange Admin Tools.
· COM Control:
The following informational message will be displayed whenever DameWare NT Utilities is executed on machines that do not have version 4.71 or later of the Microsoft COMCTL32.DLL file: This version of DameWare NT Utilities requires a newer version of COMCTL32.DLL (Version 4.71 or later) than what is installed on this machine (Version x.xx)*. A newer version of this DLL can be obtained from Microsoft and is shipped with NT SP4 and IE 4.x or higher.
*Note: x.xx will be changed to show the specific version of the COMCTL32.DLL currently on this machine.
When this message is encountered, DameWare NT Utilities will still function however, it is recommended that the COMCTL32.DLL file be revised to a later version. This file is not re-distributable by third party software developers but you can download it from Microsoft and install it.