GEAR PRO Mastering Edition 7.01rc15 | Win32 | Size: 27.15 MB
You'll throw away your bloated Nero or Roxio when you try this beauty, and no wonder. This is a $400 CD/DVD burning software. And you'll never get a coaster again. GEAR PRO for DVD/CD-RW is a comprehensive solution to maximize the power of DVD and CD technologies for recording data, audio and video. With support for ISO/UDF, its features include Rockridge cross-platform compatibility, DVD-Video, incremental and fixed packet writing, and batch and log modes for unattended backup. The Mastering Edition is a comprehensive DVD and CD recording solution for power users who want complete control over their recordings. Can be used to create inexpensive, yet powerful duplication workstations. GEAR PRO 7.01 is fully multi-threaded, allowing you to record one or more titles to separate drives simultaneously, even while you work on creating a new title. For the ultimate in power and flexibility, GEAR can burn different titles, at different speeds, to different types of media, in different drive models, all in parallel, and with complete verification of every copy.
To create reliable masters, get the CD and DVD recording software that professionals count on every day… GEAR PRO Mastering Edition. Master high-definition WMV-HD titles. Write DVD-9 titles to DVD+R DL, or create professional DVD masters on Digital Linear Tape (DLT). GEAR gives you complete control of every parameter, including the placement of the layer break and the orientation of the track path. GEAR 7.01 includes support for Content Scrambling System (CSS), formatting masters correctly for professional replication, whether you are using GEAR to create your title, or importing a disc image from a DVD authoring system. GEAR can also import and master DVD-Audio images. When mastering audio CD titles, GEAR can adjust pause lengths, edit audio tracks, and edit ISRC codes, UPC code, or CD-text.
GEAR supports all CD and DVD disc formats and standards in use today, allowing professional publishers, movie studios, record labels, audio mastering facilities, duplicators and replicators the capability to take advantage of every possibility while maintaining maximum compatibility. GEAR 7.01 features improvements to the file system formatting, allowing you the option to create disc titles that are optimized for individual file access, or for fast indexing of the entire title. GEAR gives you complete control over the file system, with accurate support for ISO-9660, ISO/UDF, or pure UDF, and support for Joliet and Rockridge ISO extensions. This allows you to insure maximum compatibility with your target audience, while taking advantage of the latest features and specifications. You can even create bootable CDs or DVDs for any target operating system.
GEAR gives you the power and convenience you need to insure the fast and reliable delivery and distribution of new CD and DVD titles. For instance, GEAR can convert CDs and DVDs to DDP images for real-time delivery to replication facilities worldwide. For reliability and efficiency, GEAR includes integrity checksum generation and verification with every copy of Mastering Edition, as well as built in FTP and image compression capability.
GEAR PRO has long been the industry standard disc formatting, burning, and mastering software, used widely by IT and computer industry professionals. GEAR PRO can be used to automate routine tasks through command scripts or batch files. This allows GEAR PRO to be controlled by custom programs or run unattended to perform regular data storage tasks.
Features & Benefits
Record to two or more drives at the same time.
• Add DVD burners to your PC, use your PC as a disc duplicator.
• Easy Disc Copy button, with ability to copy from any CD or DVD drive to any burner.
• Copy one to many using multiple burners!
• Copy discs perfectly, even with only one drive.
• Work on a new project while you burn CDs and DVDs.
Support for the Latest Formats
• Burn DVD-9 titles to Double Layer (DL) recordable media. GEAR PRO gives you total,
accurate control over the layer break setting for optimal disc layout and reliable
• Accurate import of any authored DVD-Video title.
• Add ROM content to DVD-Video titles.
• Master high definition WMV-HD titles!
• Create bootable CDs or DVDs.
• CD-Text creation and editing.
• Creating large CD-ROM or DVD-ROM titles? New "offline formatting" creates disc file
systems optimized for indexing disc projects containing large numbers of files. GEAR's
standard virtual formatting is also available, optimizing the file system for fast individual file
• Support for recording files larger than 4 GB (with UDF only).
Easy to Use
• Easy audio ripping! Rip CD audio tracks to .wav, .mp3, .wma, .ogg, or MPEG audio. Rip the
entire disc, or selected tracks. Control bitrate, bit depth.
• Automatic CD-Audio artist and track title identification using FreeDB.
• CD-ROM data formatting for CD-R(W) media, with the choice to format into ISO 9660, CD-ROM
XA or CD-ROM ISO/UDF hybrid format (OSTA UDF compliant), and Mixed Mode.
• DVD-ROM authoring with complete control over every aspect of the file system, including ISO,
ISO/UDF, or pure UDF.
• UPC-EAN and ISRC codes can be assigned to the audio tracks.
• Adjust pause between audio tracks.
• Copy CD+G, CD-text audio CDs.
• Audio editor allows you to trim, fade, edit, or normalize audio files.
• Audio CD creation, with the ability to import Wave (.wav) and decode MP3, OGG, WMA, or
MPEG audio files.
• Disc information tool shows detailed format, volume, session, and track information for any
CD or DVD.
• Easily add files and directories to your CD or DVD… just drag and drop. Choose to back up all
files, or only files that have changed since the last backup.
Reliable Professional Features
• Write DDP images to hard disk, DLT, Exabyte, 4 mm. (DAT), or through FTP directly to a disc
• Write DVD masters flagged for CSS encryption.
• Convert CDs or DVDs to DDP image quickly and easily.
• Control CD or DVD Jukeboxes.
• Restore files to hard disk from DLT, Exabyte, or other tape drives.
• Verify every recorded disc 100%.
• Support for Joliet and Rockridge ISO extensions.
• Import and burn DVD-Audio disc images.
• Appending data to multisession CD's, with advanced append options.
• Track-at-once and disc-at-once recording methods. Session at once, manual fixation,
Burnproof, Justlink, and overburning are also supported.
• Incremental Packet Writing allows quick, flexible data storage. Support for fixed and variable
• Format, full erase, and quick erase CD-RW, DVD-RW, and DVD+RW media.
• Save, import and burn physical image files, such as ISO files.
• GEAR PRO's powerful scripting feature allows you to create GEAR batch files, which can
automate repetitive tasks, or allow GEAR to be called from external programs, such as custom
scripts or schedulers. GEAR PRO also allows you to run any GEAR command manually from a
Command Line Interface. These powerful commands allow for extended functionality beyond
what is available through the graphical user interface. Access the world-renowned
GEARWorks CD and DVD recording engine directly through GEAR PRO!
• Supports all CD and DVD drives and recorders (burners) on the market today, through any
• Runs on Windows 98, ME, NT 4.0 (SP3 and later), 2000, XP, 2003 Server, and XP Media
• GEAR's recording engine is installed and running reliably on millions of PCs around the world.
• GEAR's updated drivers and device configuration files are always available for free download.
Feel free to add a link. Whatever makes you happy.