THE PLEX ULTIMATE THEME RC 2 For Vista | 26.3 MB
Ginkaku-ji AERO + BASIC
First, a little reminder :
This theme was made by the following people (by order of appearance):"
- Sakatari (for inspiring with the orignal plex he did :) )
- Ishan (Started the project from Sakatari's first try, Helping a lot with bugfixing, made the bootscreen and more)
- Eternal (Start menu, taskbar and startbutton, glass and much more)
- Jeremy (a.k.a Li Shaolan or Cesar) (Welcomescreen, Imageres icons, bugfixing, startbutton/taskbar and more)
- Dannydeman (VARIANT hacking, bugfixing, edit shutdownframe, packaged everything for release and more)
- AndreasV (Provided us with the updated version of his cool application)
And here are the people we didn't mention (they provided help in some little parts of the project) :
- Softech (we used his shell32 so the infopane and folderband are one, and did alter his nice shutdownbuttons)
- Michael (we always need your help :p )
- SkyDX (for glass toast alternative skins, and for kind support)
**** Even if I'm making this release today I still remember there is a whole team behind and that we did this together for your viewing pleasure :) ****
The following stuff is what we have in this package (for a bigger package with even more stuff (and the things we mentionned on the theme makers list), check out the Release Candidate 1 version, I put less stuff in this release to lose weight and because that stuff wasn't updated since) :
1. Back and Forward buttons.
2. New shutdownframe-buttons in the StartMenu. (same as RC1)
3. Main theme files (Ginkaku-ji Plex Release Candidate 2, the latest version I got of Kinkaku-ji Plex, and the BETA version of our thick taskbar variation as requested by some users)
4. Sidebar skin (to use with Sidebar Styler)
5. Combined folderband and infopane. (same as RC1)
6: Icons in the imageres (same as RC1)
Enjoy and stay tuned,
Jeremy Kohler (a.k.a cesar or Li Shaolan)
About the theme names:
"In Japan there are two palaces I like very much and that are really really beautiful and traditional looking, you have the 'Gold Palace' the main one, the most famous which has gold on it, and the older one, the 'Silver Palace' which is white and woody. Their names in Japanese? 'Kinkakuji' (Gold) and 'Ginkakuji' (Silver)
Well what's the point here?
Kinkaku-ji Plex (GOLD):
Eternal's button and taskbar variation, the most famous and the 'main' theme
Ginkaku-ji Plex (SILVER):
My start button (big flag) and taskbar, an 'alternative' less famous but cool and mysterious too"
This time, the release is different :
Ginkaku-ji Plex is the 'main' variation from the package you downloaded, because I did many updates on it since the both variations Release Candidate
I mean I (Jeremy a.k.a Li Shaolan or cesar) will only give support on the Ginkaku-ji Plex variation, but I put the other variations too to keep all of this in the same united place (of course, if there is a Kinkaku-ji Plex RC2, the other variation at his latest stage of developpement will be included),
I hope that better versions are going to be released for Kinkaku-ji Plex (this one isn't really ready for an RC2, but some bugs has already been fixed)
About the Plex_thick, yes, it's the thick taskbar theme ! Basically Kinkaku-ji with a thick taskbar, but it's still a BETA for now and it doesn't have some bug fixes the other variations already have.
This way of releasing those themes is a bit weird, I assume, but I did this to keep you guys up to date with the project, so that you won't think we stopped working on it.
It's this time my job that I'm making public (I mean my modifications from Ginkaku-ji Plex RC), here's what has changed :
- The bug fixes (so far) has been added
- Alternative start menu
- Alternative sidebar skin (to use with Sidebar Styler)
- MUCH better taskbar (when there is a clear wall behind it the start button is no longer showing darker than the taskbar)
- New shellstyle (a modification based on older Ishan's work, with brand new colors inspired by the old Plex builds of Longhorn)
- New STREAM.PNG (much more glass)
- New basic style (this time a mix between Plex and Jade, or what could have been a 'basic' style if there have been DWM (glass transparency) on a Plex build).
- New back/forward buttons (based on old resources I had on my computer, even from AXP on some very old topic I guess..)
- New address & search bars, looking like the iavor5 'LH Glass' theme but made by me this time with less modifications of the original bars.
UNRAR the RAR file in X:/Windows/Resources/Themes
Then go to the Personalize menu, click on theme and select your desired variation.
For the Plex_thick beta style, just go into X:/Windows/Resources/Themes/Plex_thick and click on the .msstyle file, it should be on your visual styles list.
Download 26.3 MB RAR