Vertus Fluid Mask
Fluid Mask is a highly advanced software tool designed to make life easier for everyone who creates cut outs. Built as a plug-in to Adobe Photoshop, Fluid Mask is the new next-generation cut-out tool. Behind the product is breakthrough technology that mimics the way the eye, optic-nerve and brain perform visual processing. It offers an intuitive, accurate and fast approach to cut outs. Using Fluid Mask you apply selections to a meta-data layer of image information called the Image Information Layer (IIL). This is made up of boundary, texture and color information pulled from your image.
The benefits of this approach are that:
• It differentiates between hard and soft edges
• Edges and color transitions are separated smoothly
• Blending and masking are co-synchronous - no double work
• There is less data to work on, so more speed - large images no problem
• You can adjust IIL resolution to work on hard-to-gauge edges
• Real-time, image-derived color palettes for color-based mask selections
• Work in progress is easy to review
• You can fine tune mask selections at pixel level for maximum control
• You can preserve maximum detail at the blended transitions
P.S. From me: it's rather good alternative to Corel KnockOut, ей-Богу...