Autodesk Simulation CFD 2018.0.1 Update2 | 39.6 mb
Autodesk Inc., a world leader in 3D design software for entertainment, natural resources, manufacturing, engineering, construction, and civil infrastructure, has released an update to Simulation CFD 2018. This software provides computational fluid dynamics and thermal simulation tools to help you make great products.
Issues Addressed in the Update:
The primary enhancement in this CFD 2018 Update is to enable use of the Scalable Solver on the cloud. The service is called Cloud Premium, and is available to Subscription customers. Perpetual license customers maintain access to the Scalable Solver on the local computer.
Additional issues resolved include:
- When using the Korean version user interface, computing results with the Part Calculator causes Autodesk CFD to close unexpectedly. This does not happen in the English version.
- Clicking the help icon on the Solver dialog opens the top-level home page of the help instead of the intended topic.
- An empty warning dialog is displayed if the Use Cluster checkbox is checked in the Solver Computers and Configurations dialog.
- Solving with a remote computer was not working in CFD 2018. The solution would finish with errors.
- An assembly launched from PTC Creo 2 appears in Autodesk CFD with incorrect part names. Each part name is replaced with a string of random numbers.
- Cloud-based CFD simulations costing 15 cloud credits or more failed to run. An error was displayed saying that the job was not started due to an error in determining cloud credits.
About Autodesk Simulation CFD 2018. Autodesk CFD 2018 contains several new features and functional updates designed to improve the solving capabilities, simulation fidelity, and the overall user experience.
The scalable solver improvements have continued to bring additional capabilities. The scalable solver now supports:
- Heat Sink material
- Transient analyses
Solving in the Cloud
- Cloud Credit Usage
Cloud solves will move from a flat rate to a tiered model based on simulation complexity. For example, an analysis with complex physics (radiation or compressible) that are harder to solve will cost more cloud credits. Jobs cancelled through the Simulation Job Manager will now have a pro-rated fee. Cancelled jobs will have a variable fee of at least 5 cloud credits. The amount increases for jobs run longer before being stopped.
Change to Default Advection Scheme
After year of testing performance, ADV 5 has become the most popular and recommended advection scheme. To increase efficiency and fidelity of results ADV 5 has been made the default advection scheme. Studies from previous versions will not have the advection scheme changed upon importing them into Autodesk CFD 2018. New studies created will default to ADV 5. When comparing results to a legacy model verify that the advection scheme is the same in both versions to maintain the best comparison.
Improved Stability for Transient Simulations with Flow Pulled through the Analysis
Longer running transient simulations with a flow rate at the outlet have experienced stability issues. A new flag, adv5_no_dtime, was added to improve stability in these types of analyses (common setup for Turbo Machinery). The new flag excludes the time step size consideration while estimating the stabilization parameter while using ADV 5. This setting is advised if seeing instability at the inlet of a transient analysis with flow being pulled out of the model.
About Autodesk. Autodesk helps people imagine, design and create a better world. Everyone—from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists—uses Autodesk software to unlock their creativity and solve important challenges.
Product: Autodesk Simulation CFD
Version: 2018.0.1 Update 2
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page : www.autodesk.com
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7even or newer and (Solver only): Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012
Software Prerequisites: Autodesk Simulation CFD 2018
Size: 39.6 mb