CDWinder 5.6 Portable | 10.9 Mb
CDWinder - an outstanding disk and media cataloging solution for Windows.CDWinder is available in English and German laguage for now.CDWinder creates catalogs of your disk archive ( almost everything that spins -harddisks, CD's, DVD's, ZIP's…) and media assets to offer them offline for browsing and powerful search operations.
CDWinder is cross-platform, small, fast, powerful and runs in (heterogeneous) networks. And CDWinder is just an EXE - no dll's or setup needed.
Here are some key features of "CDWinder":
· bring order to your data archive!
· powerful search functions, and browse catalog files offline
· catalogue any data disk, CD-ROM, DVD, hard disk, network volume, floppy, ZIP, Audio-CD (using freedb), and more
· in networks, multiple users can share the catalogs (requires business license)
· cross-platform: with the separately available CDFinder for Macintosh!
· read image file meta data - IPTC and EXIF tags
· read MP3 and AAC (iTunes) information and tags!
· very fast and easy to use, see screenshots
· export catalog data
· handle large amounts of data
· read ZIP, RAR, TAR and CAB archive files
· Multiple languages: English, German
· free email support
· CD-ID-generation (and therefore use of freedb) may benefit from the use of an ASPI-driver (wnaspi32.dll).
What's New in Version 5.6
5.6 (May 5, 2009)
* CDWinder now creates thumbnails for movie files! This uses DirectShow and / or QuickTime, and includes a number of file formats, such as avi, mov, mp4, m4v, mpg, flv, mkv, and more – if the required codecs are installed. We tested CDWinder with a DirectShow codec pack like CCCP. Also, CDWinder doesn’t use the first frame of a movie, but grabs a thumbnail at about 20% of the duration of the movie
* With CDWinder you can now geotag your pictures with Google Earth (utilizing Phil Harvey's exiftool). If you create a catalog of an online volume, you can use CDWinder and Google Earth to geotag the picture in the catalog and in the file itself.
* CDWinder now offers Locr-Upload capabilities. It works for photos with or without geotags, and you can upload single or multiple photos. Also, you can get a list of your albums on the Locr server, and place the uploaded photos in one of them or create a new one
* CDWinder can finally catalog UNC paths (Network Places) without the need of a mapped drive letter
* CDWinder can now also catalog the GPS coordinates stored in sidecar XMP files or XMP records in photos
* New RAR code to catalog the contents of archives larger than 4 GB
* KMZ Export has been improved with better KML content, an option to use the KMZ TimeStamp, and an option to include the metadata or not
* You can now exclude files from cataloging based on their name suffixes, or folders based on their name. This is handled by a file named DatabaseSettings.xml in your CDWinder database folder.
* CoverArt of AAC-Songs will now be cataloged again, supporting the yet again changed format introduced with iTunes 8
* The Podcast info text of songs is now cataloged, and will be displayed, and can of course be searched as well
* The comment inside JPG photos is now cataloged (that is the unique JPG comment, not the IPTC comment, which CDWinder can already catalog since version 2.5)
* Due to popular demand, CDWinder now has separate sorting for folders, just like in Windows Explorer
* Fixed a bug where finding IPTC or EXIF criteria in Found Items would not work
* Fixed a problem with the genre of miscellaneous audio files
* And, as always, we fixed several other bugs…