PC Tools File Recover 18.104.22.168 | 10.51 Mb
File Recover allows you to recover critically important documents, or other files, which have been lost by accidental deletion. These files may be lost by emptying the Recycle Bin, or using other deletion actions that bypass the Recycle Bin altogether. Such actions include Windows® Shift-Delete, command line deletion, deleting excessively large files or using applications that delete files without the Recycle Bin.
When a file is deleted from the Recycle Bin, or if the recycle bin is bypassed altogether, the file can no longer be recovered by the Windows® Operating system. The content of the file still remains on the drive, relatively intact, until the section of the drive it occupies is overwritten by another file.
File Recover identifies the contents of such lost files on the hard drive and allows you to recover them. If a file has been partially overwritten, File Recover attempts to reconstruct as much of the file as possible with the remaining contents. This allows you to salvage at least part, if not all, of that recovered file to continue using it as required.
File Recover feature highlights :
- Recovers files instantly from hard drives, floppy drives and other types of fixed media. If you are a home user or a network administrator, File Recover fills a critical gap in your data protection strategy.
- Rapid scan engine - a typical hard drive can be scanned for recoverable files within minutes.
- Scan all files and directories on selected hard drives.
- Search for a recoverable file using part or all of its file name.
- Utilizing a non-destructive, read-only file recovery approach. File Recover will not write or make changes to the section of the drive from which it is recovering data.
- Batch file recovery (recovers multiple files in one action).
- Works around bad-sector disk areas. Recovers data where other programs fail.
- Supports standard IDE/ATA/SCSI hard drives, including drives larger than 8 GB.
- Supports hard drives formatted with Windows FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS file systems.
What's new in this release?
This version of File Recover incorporates a number of enhancements:
Enhanced user interface
• File Recover's user interface has been redesigned to offer a more intuitive and user friendly experience. The start scan screen now offers simple customizations to allow easy filtering of file types and a search option for “all or part of a filename.” The scan results screen has also been enhanced to display recovered files by either file type or directory.
Enhanced scan engine
• The scanning engine has been re-engineered to provide faster scanning and increased accuracy for detection of deleted files.
Repair corrupted Word and Zip files
• File Recover now has the ability to find and repair corrupted Word and Zip files. This is a vital feature that provides the ability to retrieve those files that may have been corrupted, and previously thought unrecoverable.
Improved file previewing
• File Recover’s file previewing feature allows you to easily view the contents of recoverable files before they are recovered. File Recover now supports previewing in a number of formant including HTML, Word and Graphics files.
• Scans can now be paused, allowing you to view partly-completed scan results or conduct other activities on your computer before continuing with the scan. This feature is most useful when conducting scans on large drives, which may take considerable time to complete and may consume computer resources.
Homepage - www.pctools.com