VSL LanToucher Messanger v1.5 | 2.27 MB
LanToucher Messenger is an advanced instant messaging client for local networks.Designed to operate peer-to-peer across home and corporate intranets, LanToucher Messenger sends instant messages directly from sender to receiver without intermediate servers for best performance and highest fault tolerance.
LanToucher Messenger is a powerful yet easy-to-use communications tool for home and small business users. The software combines common instant messaging capabilities with rich user interface and special features such as Dual message view and Terminal Services/Remote Desktop support.You can begin instant messaging your contacts as soon as you have installed the LanToucher Messenger software on two or more computers on your local network. The installation is fairly simple, and takes less than one minute! There is no signing-in or registering required.
LanToucher Messenger is compatible with Microsoft WinPopup (Windows 3.x/95/98/ME), Messenger service / 'net send' command (Windows NT 4/2000/XP/Server 2003), Samba smbclient (Unix/Linux), and a range of compatible instant messengers based on the standard SMB/CIFS protocol.Key Features:
* Proven cross-platform compatibility LanToucher Messenger is fully compatible with Messenger service / 'net send' (Windows NT 4/2000/XP/Server 2003), WinPopup messenger (Windows 3.x/95/98/Me), Samba smbclient (Unix/Linux) and a broad range of compatible instant messengers based on the standard SMB/CIFS protocol.
* All 32-bit Windows versions support LanToucher Messenger supports Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows NT 4, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 operating systems.
* Low memory and network bandwidth usage Unlike most fancy messaging applications, LanToucher Messenger needs less than 16 megabytes of RAM and generates minimal network traffic.
* True peer-to-peer (serverless) connectivity LanToucher Messenger does not require a dedicated messaging server, so users can communicate directly with one another.
* LAN-only messaging without file transfer ability LanToucher Messenger does not require an Internet connection to operate and does not provide a file transfer option. Therefore it is absolutely immune to hacker attacks, viruses, and other security threats inherent to Internet messengers.
* Multiprotocol support LanToucher Messenger works perfectly over any available network transport protocol (TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, or NetBEUI).
* Terminal Services/Remote Desktop support LanToucher Messenger is compatible with TS and RDP allowing multiple Terminal Server users/Remote Desktop users to contact each other and other network users freely.
* Feature-rich user interface While the default options should work fine for most users, LanToucher Messenger offers you dozens of various options you may want to adjust to suit your particular needs.
* Contact List (ActiveList) It is pretty easy to add, remove, import, and export your contacts, see whether a person is online or not, send messages to multiple contacts at once, or optionally ignore computers not in your ActiveList. From the ActiveList menu you can easily customize your contacts' settings such as picture/portrait, sounds, message font color and other contact-specific settings.
* Preset Groups LanToucher Messenger lets you easily create groups of your existing ActiveList contacts to send private messages in seconds. With powerful yet easy-to-use group management not only you can copy, rename, or merge your groups, but you can also quickly search the groups for specified contacts.
* Advanced sound and visual notification With the original LanToucher Messenger sound notifications scheme in conjunction with visual notification you will never miss your important messages and other vital events.
* User Macros and Status Messages Instantaneous access to your predefined message templates and status/away messages by a hot key or two mouse clicks.
* Automatic Message Forwarding This enables you to automatically forward all incoming messages to another user or computer on your network when you are away from your computer.
* Advanced Messenger service support (Windows NT 4/2000/XP/Server 2003) This feature fully controls the state of the Messenger service. Unlike other compatible instant messengers for intranets, LanToucher Messenger pauses the service at startup, and restarts it on exit so that you could still receive messages using the Messenger service before logging on, after logging off, and while at the Welcome screen (Windows XP and Windows Vista).LanToucher Messenger System Requirements:
* Microsoft Windows 95/98/NT 4/2000/ME/XP/Server 2003/Vista/Server 2008
* K6™ or Pentium Processor
* 32 MB RAM (64 MB recommended)
* 8 MB hard drive space
* Network interface card connected to a Local Area Network
* Another computer running LanToucher; WinPopup-compatible mailer; Messenger service / 'net send' (Windows NT 4/2000/XP/Server 2003); Samba client (Unix/Linux)
* DirectSound-compatible sound card recommended