AV provides all types of anti-virus protection: anti-virus scan-ners, monitors, behavior blockers and integrity checkers. It supports all of the most popular operating systems, e-mail gateways and firewalls. AV controls all possible virus entry points. AVLab's powerful and flexible local and network management tools for auto-mation and centralized installation and control over anti-virus protection provide maximum convenience and minimum time wasted when building your own structure of an anti-virus defense.
AV provides full-scale protection with some additional protective components a behavior blocker and integrity checker; appropriate for experienced users seeking the best anti-virus protection.
• Anti-Virus Databases Auto-Updating Utility
• Control Center
• Mail Checker
• Script Checker
• Rescue Disk
• Report Viewer
AV PPro was specially developed for advanced users seeking the most up-to-date anti-virus technologies. AVLabs implemented its most advanced technologies in this software product. Pro provides full-scale anti-virus protection for home computers running Windows 95/98/ME, Windows 2000/NT/XP operating systems, and Outlook, Outlook Express messaging programs. The software is powered by the most advanced technologies. AV PPro is a unique set of anti-virus and security components, some of which were previously available only for corporate clients. Now all these anti-virus tools, offering a comprehensive level of security, are available for home use. A control center unites the components that allow users to defeat the vast majority of system threats.
Changes in Version 5.0.388:
1. Error that caused drive types to display incorrectly under Korean version of Microsoft Windows 98 has been eliminated
2. Error that caused application to freeze under Korean version of Microsoft Windows 98 has been eliminated
3. Error that caused the application (anti-virus database and application modules) update from the AVLab's updates servers associated with a different geographic region has been eliminated
4. Error that sometimes prevented deletion of messages on the mail server when using POP3 protocol has been eliminated
- Known problems:
1. The application freezes when performing a mail scan if a problem occurs when connecting to the Microsoft Exchange Server
2. Incompatibility with previous versions of Anti-Spam (up to 188.8.131.52)
3. Limited compatibility with Sygate firewall. In order to solve this problem, disable the Enable driver protection option using the Sygate interface and install an additional utility program klimsetup.exe
4. Incompatibility with the MnAfee Parental Controls application
5. The feature of updating via FTP proxy servers is not available
6. Incompatibility with Anti-Hacker 1.5 under Microsoft Windows 9x. In order to solve this problem, upgrade to Kaspersky Anti-Hacker 1.7 or to a newer version
7. Pop-up information messages are not displayed when working under Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
8. Problems when performing the update task if SkyDSL is used