BestCrypt Volume Encryption ver.1.98.4 | 2,74 MB
BestCrypt Volume Encryption software provides transparent encrypting all the data stored on fixed and removable disk devices. BestCrypt Volume Encryption software opens a new class of Volume Encryption products. With the software users can encrypt old MS-DOS style disk partitions as well as modern volumes residing on a number of physical disk devices, for example Spanned, Striped, Mirrored or RAID-5 volumes. (Read more about Volume Encryption in What is Volume Encryption article.)
1. Encrypting all types of volumes residing on fixed and removable disks:
* Simple volume, i.e. volume consisting of one disk partition.
* Mount point - volume mounted as a sub-folder on NTFS-formatted volume.
* Multipartition volume, i.e. volume consisting of several disk partitions:
o a. Spanned volumes;
o b. Mirrored volumes;
o c. Striped volumes;
o d. RAID-5 volumes.
2. BestCrypt Volume Encryption allows encrypting data with many strong encryption algorithms. Every algorithm is implemented with the largest possible key size defined in the algorithm's specification:
* AES (Rijndael) - 256-bit key.
* Blowfish - 448-bit key.
* CAST - 128-bit key.
* GOST 28147-89 - 256-bit key.
* RC6 - 256-bit key.
* Serpent - 256-bit key.
* Twofish - 256-bit key.
BestCrypt Volume Encryption utilizes LRW Encryption Mode with all encryption algorithms listed above. LRW Mode is specially designed for applications working on disk sector level and more secure than other popular modes used earlier (like Cipher Block Chaining (CBC) mode).