COMET DiGiTAL CSMART BLEND v1.0 FOR MAYA | Win32 | Size: 5.75MB
cSmartBlend is a Maya plug-in that lets modelers and rigging artists easily create partial object based deformation and create/update morph targets when topology on the mesh changes. At it's core, cSmartBlend was designed to allow for easy manipulation and blendshape driving of a partial/chopped mesh driving a seamless full body mesh. For example with cSmartBlend you can cut off the head of your character, make morph targets for the head, and then use the cSmartBlend deformer to drive the deformation of the chopped head back into the full res character.
In addition, cSmartBlend can handle not only cut off geometry with similar points, but even totally new or different topology. This means that you can safely make model changes, and then use cSmartBlend to re-create existing morph targets that will now be compatible with the new mesh. For example, if you have several morph targets made for a mesh, then decide you need to add or remove geometry on the mesh, say to add a new edge loop around the mouth, you can use cSmartBlend to automatically create new targets that also have this new topology added.
Features at a Glance
* Easily drive facial and other deformations on a full res character mesh from a partial or chopped copy.
* Works with NURBs or Polygon Meshes to drive master geometry, even if the target and master objects do not have exactly matching point positions.
* Easily re-calculate cSmartBlend connection data even if the point count or point order changes on the original master or copy target mesh.
* Set up deformation to be based in either Object or World space, depending on the rigging needs.
* Quickly create a "base" mesh for advanced rigging deformation techniques.
* Can be used as a wrap deformer with World space mode, but pre-calculates all needed data for fast deformation.
* Automatically create new blendshape targets that work with an original object when there are topology changes or tweaks.