Fraps is designed as a generic tool for DirectX and OpenGL games. In its current form Fraps performs many tasks and can best be described as:
** Benchmarking Software - See how many Frames Per Second (FPS) you are getting in a corner of your screen. Perform custom benchmarks and measure the frame rate between any two points. Save the statistics out to disk and use them for your own reviews and applications.
** Screen Capture Software - Take a screenshot with the press of a key! There's no need to paste into a paint program every time you want to capture the screen. Your screen captures are also automatically named and timestamped.
** Realtime Video Capture Software - Have you ever wanted to record video while playing your favourite game? Come join the Machinima revolution! Throw away the VCR, forget about using a DV cam, game recording has never been this easy! Fraps can capture audio and video up to 1024x768 at 30 frames per second!
- Requires DirectX 9.0c
- Requires an Intel Pentium 3/4, or AMD Athlon/Duron processor
- Works best with an NVIDIA Geforce or ATI Radeon graphics card.
- Install under an Administrator account.
Changes in version 2.7.4 - 18th Jun 2006 :
- Fixed intermittent crash on XP SP1 systems
- Fixed audio click when start of recording delayed