Genie Backup Manager™ (GBM) - a very easy to use yet powerful and flexible software that can backup and restore files, documents, emails, settings, programs and more to virtually any local or remote location, including internal and external hard disks, FTP locations, across network, CD/DVD discs, removable media, memory sticks, and tapes. You can protect all your data including files and folders, e-mail data and settings of some of the most commonly used clients, Windows settings, Registry, Internet Explorer settings, Fonts, Favorites, Windows Address Book, Desktop, and more. GBM enables users to restore one, several, or all backed up files and items.
GBM is perfect for users of all computer comfort levels. Novice users will find it easy to create their first backup job in matter of minutes after installing the software, thanks to its intuitive wizard-based user interface, while advanced users will appreciate the software's extended scalability and flexibility, and features such as preserving NTFS ADS, Email notification, Self restorable backups, and scripting capabilities ( GRunScript and GScript ).
GBM also caters for the data protection needs of business enterprises, by offering mission critical features such as backing up using File Access Manager (FAM), for businesses operating around the hour that cannot afford to shutdown its running applications during backup, highly secure encryption, for sensitive documents that must not fall into the wrong hands and scheduling unattended backup jobs for regularly safeguarding constantly changing data.
Online backup is our latest offering for users who wish to safeguard their data, without the hassle of maintaining shelves of backup media sets, by performing true offsite backups to Genie-Soft's backup servers. Our online backup solutions are highly secure, through username and password encryption, as well as 128- bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) data transmission, certified by the leading global provider of SSL certificates, Thawte.
List of all GBM Pro Features:
* Backup files, Folders, Emails, Settings, Programs, Program Settings Backup Summary
* Genie Online Backup Email Notification
* Data integrity testing Backup to virtually any storage device
* Enhanced Tape Engine Log Manager
* Enhanced CD/DVD Engine GBM Agent
* Security Options Closing and reopening Outlook and Outlook Express
* Normal, Increment, Differential and Mirror backups Purging Old Backups
* Scripting Wizard Base Interface
* Cataloging Value added tools
* Self restorable backup sets (Swift restore) Supports Visual Accessibility Options
* Preserving Alternative Data Streams My Media
* Scheduling unattended backup tasks File filtering
* Backup with and without compression
* Managing open file
What's New in Genie Backup Manager Pro 7.0 :
- Online Backup. Upload you backups to Genie-Soft servers to seamlessly safeguard your files against all potential data-damaging threats from viruses to natural disasters. Our online backup solution is secure, reliable, and ridiculously easy to use.
- Added support for backing up Outlook 2000. Due to the requests from many of our customers, we've added backup support for Outlook 2000 data.
- New 64-bit ZIP compression. Now, your data will be compressed faster and "smaller" during backups, with our new nonproprietary 64-bit ZIP compression. You can still access your compressed files using any ZIP compatible decompressor, and your backups can break the 4GB boundary without being split.
- Backup your favorite media files. Let Genie Backup Manager search for and backup your media files (MPEG, AVI, MOV, etc.) no matter where they are on your computer.
- Backup photos and images. Automatically scan your computer for images and back them up.
- Backup My Documents. Backing up the My Documents folder is now done form the My Profile section, which means Genie Backup Manager will automatically restore it to its proper location for the current user regardless of the Windows version.
- Enhanced tape backup engine. Backup to tape media has been greatly enhanced in GBM Pro 7.0, through support for more tape drives, tape compression and spanning data over multiple tapes.
- Enhanced optical media backup engine. Added support for more CD/DVD drives and media types, including dual-layer-DVD's.
- Added SSL support for email notifications. You can now send backup email notifications with SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protection. This means email notification now supports HTTP email servers such as Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail.
- Improved Reporting. Added the logs manager: Genie Backup Manager's backup logs and reports are now more accessible, easier to manage, and a lot more informative.
- New System Tray agent. Genie Backup Manager is now in your system tray, giving you helpful alerts about the status of your backups, and waiting to take your orders.
Homepage - http://www.genie-soft.com/products/gbmpro
Size: 14.1 MB