Oxford Picture Dictionary Interactive on CD-ROM
|“||The comprehensive Oxford Picture Dictionary Interactive CD-ROM provides hundreds of hours of speaking, listening, reading, and writing practice, all on a single disc.|
The software has been designed for learners of English on a beginning to intermediate level.
Features of the Oxford Picture Dictionary Interactive CD-ROM
* All 3,700 words of The Oxford Picture Dictionary are presented with sound and stunning visual images that provide easy access to meaning and pronunciation.
* Students can hear and learn to read, say, and spell any word they choose to explore.
* User-friendly navigation and help screens are geared to the special needs of language learners.
* A special viewer allows students to easily explore the whole graphic as well as zoom in for close ups.
* Vocabulary can be easily searched, either by contextualized topic page or through a pictorial glossary, helping students develop reference skills.
* A wide selection of activity types appeals to a variety of learning styles.
* Activities such as Conversation, Reading, “Job Talk,” Dictation, Role Play, and Writing provide contextualized vocabulary practice in speaking, reading, writing, and listening.
* A built-in word processor encourages students to write about any Dictionary topic and print out their work.
* Easy lookup of words from readings, dialogues, and students’ own writing is facilitated by hyperlinked referencing to the glossary.
* Games offer motivating, easily customized reinforcement activities.
* Flashcard Maker enables students to practice on-screen or print out picture/word cards based on their own word lists.
* Randomly-generated tests for each topic page enable targeted testing and multiple retests, facilitating pre- and post-testing.
* Summary and detailed reports allow students and teachers to monitor progress.
* A Teacher Management System on the same disc permits teachers to review and edit student information, as well as view tests and writing.
112MB / RAR