Parallels Workstation 2.2.2112Parallels Workstation: One machine. Multiple operating systems. Unlimited possibilities.
OS: Windows, Linux | 18MB
Parallels Workstation is the most powerful, easiest-to-use, cost-effective desktop virtual PC solution available today. It empowers any user, from experienced professional developers to sales executives to casual home users, with the ability to create completely networked, totally secure independent, maximally stable virtual machines on a single physical machine.Trusted Technology for Powerful Performance
Parallels Workstation is a hardware emulation virtualization solution. This stable, trusted technology maps the host computer’s hardware resources directly to each virtual PC’s resources, allowing each virtual machine to operate identically to a stand-alone computer. Parallels Workstation’s sophisticated virtual machine engine enables each virtual machine to work with its own processor, RAM, floppy and CD drives, I/O devices, and hard disk – everything a physical computer contains.The World's First Hypervisor-powered Virtual PC
Parallels Workstation is the first desktop virtualization solution to include a lightweight hypervisor, a mature technology originally developed in the 1960s to maximize the power of large mainframes. Hypervisor technology dramatically improves virtual machine stability, security and performance by using a thin layer of software, inserted between the machine’s hardware and the primary operating system, to directly control some of the host machine’s hardware profiles and resources. It not only makes Parallels Workstation-powered virtual machines secure, stable and efficient, but also empowers users to immediately realize the benefits associated with Intel VT hardware virtualization architecture.Key Features:
* Hypervisor Technology for Stronger, More Stable Virtual Machines:
Parallels Workstation is the first desktop virtualization solution to include a lightweight hypervisor that directly controls some of the host computer’s hardware resources. The inclusion of this trusted, mature technology ensures that virtual PCs built using Parallels Workstation are the most stable and efficient available.
* Optimized for Hardware Virtualization: Parallels Workstation’s lightweight hypervisor fully supports the benefits of next-generation CPUs built on Intel’s VT architecture, and will support AMD Pacifica architecture when it is released to the general public.
* Strong OS Support: A sophisticated virtual machine engine that offers the broadest support of x86-based operating systems, including:
o The entire Windows family - 3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, Me, 2000, XP and 2003
o Linux distributions from popular distributors like Red Hat, SuSE, Mandriva, Debian and Fedora Core
o “Legacy” operating systems like OS/2, eComStation and MS-DOS.
* Easy to Install, Easy to Use: A powerful wizard enables users to create virtual machines in seconds. The industry’s cleanest, most user-friendly management console ensures hassle free control of all virtual machines.
* Highly Efficient: A small program footprint and trusted hypervisor technology maximizes the efficiency of both the primary and guest OSes.