SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive | 1.1 Mb | Freeware
Even though I 've used Alcohol 120% and Virtual Drive in the past, Virtual CloneDrive does all I need, is a breeze to use, is well supported by a reputable company and is completely free. It's been posted here before, but only included in bundles of commercial Slysoft apps and easily overlooked, so I thought it time to let it stand on its own hooves. In SlySoft's words:
Virtual CloneDrive works and behaves just like a physical CD/DVD drive, however it exists only virtually. Image files generated with CloneDVD or CloneCD can be mounted onto a virtual drive from your hard-disk or from a network drive and used in the same manner as inserting them into a normal CD/DVD drive.
* Supports all common image formats such as ISO, BIN, CCD
* Supports up to 8 virtual drives at the same time
* Easy to use - just double-click an image file to mount as a drive
* Virtual CloneDrive is freeware, you may use it at no cost.
* An IBM-compatible personal computer with a minimum 500 MHz Pentium-class microprocessor (1 GHz recommended) and 128 MB RAM (256 MB recommended)
* Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP
* If you use Windows 2000 or Windows XP you must be an administrator to install Virtual CloneDrive
Note that although Alcohol 52% Free Edition is "free", it installs its own IE toolbar (which can be removed later). Virtual CloneDrive does none of this so for me wins hands down.
Here's an excellent "how-to" article from The How-To Geek:
"Mount Multiple ISO Images Using Virtual CloneDrive"
Download (latest version is 184.108.40.206):