From the Manufacturer
Tell Me More, the world's leading software for language learning, is valued by users and teachers alike for its speech recognition technology and personalized language courses. Tell Me More now counts more than five million satisfied users worldwide. Global leading organizations have placed their trust in Tell Me More, including the U.S. State Department, the U.S. Government, the FBI, the Canadian Federal Government, EDS, BMW, Carnival Cruise Lines, Mercedes, and more.
Used everyday in more than 10,000 academic institutions, this latest version evaluates your progress as you learn, and uses your results to suggest the activities and exercises best suited to your needs, just as a teacher would. The package includes levels Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced, and contains more than 1,500 exercises.
Developed in collaboration with INALCO (National Institute of Languages and Oriental Civilizations), Tell Me More Chinese is the first language method based on speech recognition technology that is able to recognize the four tones of Mandarin Chinese. Tell Me More Chinese introduces the standard Chinese used in newspapers, television, and radio broadcasts throughout the People's Republic of China. The Pinyin romanization system, a crucial learning tool for beginners, is used to familiarize students with the pronunciation and recognition of essential simplified characters. With Tell Me More you will learn Chinese mastering:
* Over 800 basic characters
* Listening and written comprehension
* Written expression and grammar
300 hours of Chinese learning with more than 1,500 exercises:
* Interactive Dialogues
Use your computer to practice speaking in an interactive manner and to perfect your pronunciation, with over 1,500 words and phrases taken from the dialogues. The dialogues are based on everyday conversation and are supplemented by 400 photos illustrating Chinese culture.
Learn Chinese vocabulary with a glossary including more than 3,000 recorded words.
Consult 30 key grammar points, presented in a clear and concise manner.
* Over 1,500 exercises to learn Chinese
Enhance your knowledge and understanding of the course with a wide range of writing and listening activities, related to the grammar and vocabulary points covered in the lessons:
o Picture/word association
o Word association: Chinese/Pinyin
o Word association: Chinese/English
o Word association: Chinese/Chinese
o The right word
o Mystery phrase
o Word order
o Crossword puzzles
* Lesson Report
Learn Chinese, evaluate your coursework in the 18 lessons, and listen again to your dialogues with the computer.
The latest technology to help you learn Chinese.
* Cutting-Edge Speech Recognition Software
Using speech recognition technology, Tell Me More is able to recognize the four Chinese tones, evaluate your pronunciation and correct any mistakes. With the help of the voice graph and pitch curve, you can improve your pronunciation, intonation, and learn Chinese more effectively.
* Automatic Detection of Pronunciation Errors: S.E.T.S.
Tell Me More pinpoints pronunciation errors within a sentence thanks to its exclusive S.E.T.S. technology (Spoken Error Tracking System).
A one-of-a-kind Chinese learning method.
* Simple and progressive lessons in Mandarin
Mandarin Chinese, also known as putonghua, is the official language of both the People's Republic of China and Taiwan. The use of the Pinyin phonetic transcription system throughout the program will help you master and learn Chinese pronunciation.
Check my other Chinese uploads as well:
• Dr. Eye 6.0 Chinese/Japanese/English Translation Software
• Teach Yourself: Beginner's Chinese Script
• Rapid Literacy in Chinese for Beginners
• Wenlin Software for Learning Chinese + Dictionary (Win + Mac)
• Go2China Ultimate Chinese Learning Software
• Kingsoft Powerword Chinese Dictionary and Translator 2007
• Oxford Talking Chinese English Dictionary and Instant Translator
• Colloquial Chinese. The Complete Course for Beginners (Routledge)
• Colloquial Cantonese. The Complete Course for Beginners (Routledge)
• Beautiful Chinese Fonts for Windows, Part 1
• 409 Beautiful Chinese Fonts, Part 2
• Large resolution Tang and Song period Chinese paintings