Total Commander ver. 6.55 Public Beta 3 | 1,6 Mb
Total Commander is a file manager replacement that offers multiple language support, search, file comparison, directory synchronization, quick view panel with bitmap display, ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling plus plugins, built-in FTP client with FXP, HTTP proxy support, and more.
Features of Total Commander:
- Two file windows side by side
- Enhanced search function
- Compare files / synchronize directories
- Quick View panel with bitmap display
- ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
- New: Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history + favorites buttons
- Both 32 bit and 16 bit versions available!
- Long filenames in Windows 95/98 and Windows NT (16 and 32-bit version)!
- Direct access to Network Neighbourhood
- Supports Drag & Drop with Explorer/the Desktop etc.
- Command line for starting of programs with parameters, simply by typing the program name or by pressing CTRL+ENTER or CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.
- Configurable button bar and Start menu (User-defined commands) to place your frequently used DOS or -Windows programs into a drop-down menu. The actual directory and/or the file under the cursor can be delivered to the application.
- Configurable main menu.
- Built in file viewer (Lister) to view files of ANY SIZE in hex, binary or text format, using either the ASCII- (DOS) or the ANSI- (Windows) character set. The line width and font size can now be changed. You can even view files inside archives! New: Support for Unicode UTF-8 format.
- Bitmap viewer in Lister, additional formats through Irfanview (see addons).
- HTML- and Unicode-Viewer in Lister.
- Parallel port transfer function (direct cable connection), works between Win95/98/NT/2000/3.1 and DOS!
- Total Commander comes in the following languages: English, German, French, Italian, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, Spanish, Czech, Russian, Polish, Hungarian, and now also Hebrew, Greek, Afrikaans, Catalan, Turkish and Ukrainian! The help is available in English, German and French (separately).
Changes in Total Commander 6.55 Public Beta 3:
- Fixed: Unpacking multiple archives with external unpacker to separate subdirs unpacked to wrong subdir if target contained spaces
- Fixed: %commander_ini% wasn't containing the full path when the wincmd.ini was located in the windows directory
- Fixed: Change drive while in search result switched from custom columns or thumbnail view to full view
- Fixed: Access violation when trying to search for a unicode string longer than 150 characters. Note that only the first 127 characters can be found
- Fixed: When saving or deleting a search in "Find files", reload the color filters (which may be based on such searches). The list is refreshed when the dialog is closed (except when noreread set for this drive)
- Fixed: Custom columns view: If both "Adjust tabs to windows width" and "Horizontal scrollbar" were checked, the scrollbar width wasn't adjusted when resizing
- Fixed: Empty file list with the following procedure: Search, feed to listbox, Ctrl+Shift+T, Ctrl+R, Ctrl+Tab (duplicate search result in new inactive tab)
- Fixed: Use same function to copy date/time from archive as for normal copying (set again afterwards if first fails)
- Fixed: Copy - move to background: Only beep if the minimum time set in configuration - misc has been reached
- Fixed: Find Files: When deleting a saved search, the plugin options were not deleted (was already fixed earlier in TC7)
- Fixed: Catch error caused by HTTP proxy returning invalid reply in the form "HTTP/1.1 HTTP 404 Not Found" instead of "HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found"
- Fixed: cm_ToggleLockDcaCurrentTab not working correctly (locking works, unlocking not)
- Fixed: Installer hanging on Windows NT4 (because variable %ProgramFiles% does not exist)
- Fixed: UC2 packer: Properties of file (Alt+Enter) showing invalid file size