EagleFiler v1.5.5 Mac OS X | 12.3 MB
Organize, search, and archive your mail, Web pages, files, and miscellaneous scraps of information. EagleFiler is a digital filing cabinet, a research assistant, and a snippet collector. You can use it to write a journal, track all the files for a project or job, save your favorite Web articles, store financial statements, run a paperless office, plan a trip, collect your course notes, archive your e-mail correspondence, search mailing list archives, research a purchase, remember recipes to cook or books to read, store scientific papers, gather legal case notes, or assemble a scrapbook. It’s the most flexible tool on your Mac.
- Just press the F1 key to import a Web page, a scrap of text, mail messages, or any file on your Mac. Press Option-F1 for extra fun.
- EagleFiler libraries use an open format: regular files and folders that are fully accessible to your other applications.
- Import and view any kind of file: RTF, PDF, Word, images, Web archives, chats, and proprietary formats via Quick Look plug-ins.
- The live search is faster than Spotlight, and you can also setup smart folders and smart folder actions.
- Speed up your mail program by archiving old e-mails. EagleFiler can convert from Microsoft Outlook and other formats to the standard mbox format, and it’s designed to handle tons of mail efficiently.
- Save Web pages as self-contained Web archives or PDF files, including all the images, formatting, and the original source URL.
- Use the Mail-like interface to view your folders and file contents in single streamlined window (or multiple windows, if you want).
- RTF and text files can be edited directly in EagleFiler. Double-click any kind of file to view or edit it in a specialized application.
- Add tags and notes to your files. Tags are like keywords and can be hierarchical. Notes can contain rich text and links.
- Flag important files, keep track of which documents are unread, and assign colored labels that also show up in the Finder.
- Secure your library using encryption approved by the NSA. Everything is viewable and searchable—once you’ve entered the passphrase.
- Designed with data integrity in mind, EagleFiler ensures that your files are stored safely, and it can verify that none are lost or damaged.
- Create multiple libraries, store them wherever you want, open more than one at a time, and drag and drop files between them.
- Automate EagleFiler via AppleScript. Write stationery scripts that are triggered when you create new documents.
- Files, the notes you add to them, and tags are searchable via Spotlight and from applications that support OpenMeta.