WinZip 10.0 is available as Standard or Pro. The new WinZip 10.0 offers powerful new compression technology that creates even smaller Zip files. And the new Explorer-style view makes working with complex, multi-folder Zip files a snap.
WinZip 10.0 Pro includes the WinZip Job Wizard, a powerful tool that offers predefined data backup jobs, the ability to customize and schedule zipping tasks, and FTP-upload functionality. And with WinZip Pro, you can zip and burn directly on CDs/DVDs!
A few of WinZip's many other features:
* Zip, unzip, and one-click Zip and E-mail directly from Windows Explorer or My Computer.
* Automatically install software, desktop themes, and screen savers contained in Zip files.
* Quickly find your Zip files with Favorite Zip Folders.
* Instantly access recently used Zip files and other WinZip features from the Windows taskbar tray icon.
* Take full advantage of Windows XP features including fast user switching and XP themes.
* Decode most popular Internet file formats, including MIME, UUEncode, XXEncode, TAR, BinHex, and many others.
* Split Zip files into smaller parts to overcome e-mail size constraints.
WinZip 10.0 Benefits:
- New Predefined Data Backup Jobs
- New Create Custom, Automated Zip Jobs
- New Scheduling Capabilities for Running Zip Jobs
- New FTP Upload Functionality
- New Zip and Burn Directly to CD and DVD
- Command Line Support (Separate Download)
- New Improved Compression (PPMd AND bzip2)
- New Attachment Management Support
- New Explorer Style View
- New Quick File Selection
- New Automatic Update Checking
- Flexible Interface; Wizard and Classic
- Tight Integration with Windows More...
- Large Zip File Support
- 128- and 256-Bit AES Encryption
- E-mail Support (including one click Zip & E-mail)
- Split Zip File Capability
- Install Feature
- Create Self-Extracting Archives
Changes in WinZip 10.0 Build 6698 :
- A problem with canceling the operation for splitting an existing Zip file has been corrected.
- The Help menu for users with WinZip Standard registrations has been changed. The selection previously called "Upgrade to WinZip Pro" is now called "Register WinZip Pro Upgrade". Standard users who have upgraded to WinZip Pro can use this selection to enter their new registration codes. A new selection called "Upgrade to WinZip Pro" takes you to WinZip's upgrade page on the WinZip web site.
- WinZip's silent on-demand install feature is now available and enabled with this release. Site license administrators who wish to use WinZip's silent on-demand install feature will need to place a file called autoinst.txt in the WinZip program folder along with the winzip.wzmul file. The content of the autoinst.txt file must be:
I agree to the WinZip Computing License Agreement
Please refer to http://www.winzip.com/xsiteins.htm for more information.
- An improved error message displays when trying to extract a Windows XP SP2 security blocked file to a folder with a long path name.
Homepage - http://www.winzip.com/