Becky! Internet Mail is the software specifically designed for the Internet e-mail. Since its birth in 1996, we kept improving its functionalities listening to the users' feedback. Becky! is a multi-featured E-mail client specialized for Windows and the Internet. You will find many features which are expected for an Internet E-mail software, and some of them would be beyond your expectations.
- You can create multiple mailboxes, of course. Moreover, you can create multiple "profiles" for each mailbox. This feature is especially useful if you use laptop computer. You can switch between several different settings, like "LAN" and dialup, for the same mailbox.
- New protocols are supported – IMAP4rev1 for e-mail and LDAP for the address book.
- Fast! You can manage thousands of e-mail at your fingertip.
- You can write HTML e-mail with Becky!. If you have Microsoft Internet Explorer ver5 or higher installed, Becky! is a complete HTML enabled e-mail client.
- Flexible template capability. You can prepare standardized e-mail format for business and personal e-mail. You can also create HTML template, of course.
- With unique "Reminder" capability, you will receive e-mail from "you" on scheduled date. You can even schedule sending e-mail messages to someone else. You don't have to remember your friends' birthdays – Becky! does. :-)
- Powerful "Filtering Manager" – You can sort messages into folders according to the filtering rules. You can define unlimited and/or conditions for one filtering rule.
- "Mailing Lists Manager" helps you to organize multiple mailing list subscriptions. You don't have to search past e-mail just to find how to unsubscribe the list.
- "Plug-In" Interface enables third parties to create useful plug-ins to customize Becky! for your particular needs. Actually, Becky!'s voice message and PGP functionality are the plug-ins.
- etc. Of course, Ver.2 inherits Ver.1's numerous convenient features.
Ver.2.24.02 -> Ver.2.25 (2006/03/):
- BUGFIX: When "Protocol Log" is on, turning on and off "Direct Edit Mode" caused abnormal termination.
- BUGFIX: A regular expression pattern that includes ".*" did not match correctly in some cases.
- BUGFIX: When "Bring current mailbox to top" option is off, ordering mailbox with drag and drop caused illegal recognition of the current mailbox on following "Delete Mailbox", "Mailbox Setup", etc.
- BUGFIX: If "charset=" parameter in the "Content-Type" header has trailing whitespaces, character set for the message was not recognized correctly.
- BUGFIX: When "What's New" window is on and minimize the main window, the active window did not switch correctly.
- BUGFIX: When a message in Draft box was cut and cancelled during the message is being reedited, that message did not overwrite an existing message on saving to Draft box.
- BUGFIX: When absolute path was not specified as the Data folder, the data folder was created at an unexpected location and Becky! did not work properly.
- BUGFIX: When "Redirect" window is open, some key binds like Ctrl+G did not work.
- BUGFIX: When To field in Compose window contains too many addresses, some of them were truncated when the message was being sent.
- BUGFIX: When timezone setting in Windows was changed during Becky! is running, the Date of outgoing message was set incorrectly.
- When reediting a message in Draft or Outbox, warning message will show up if "From" is not you.
- The uppermost menu item on "File" menu in Compose window was replaced with "Save to Draft" from "Send Now".