Becky! Internet Mail ver.2.30.00 | 2,3 MB
Becky! is a multi-featured E-mail client specialized for Windows and the Internet. Since its birth in 1996, we kept improving its functionalities listening to the users' feedback.
Becky! Internet Mail is an email client that creates multiple mailboxes. You will find many features which are expected for an Internet E-mail software, and some of them would be beyond your expectations.Features:
- You can create multiple mailboxes, of course. Moreover, you can create multiple "profiles" for each mailbox. This feature is especially useful if you use laptop computer. You can switch between several different settings, like "LAN" and dialup, for the same mailbox.
- New protocols are supported – IMAP4rev1 for e-mail and LDAP for the address book.
- Fast! You can manage thousands of e-mail at your fingertip.
- You can write HTML e-mail with Becky!. If you have Microsoft Internet Explorer ver5 or higher installed, Becky! is a complete HTML enabled e-mail client.
- Flexible template capability. You can prepare standardized e-mail format for business and personal e-mail. You can also create HTML template, of course.
- With unique "Reminder" capability, you will receive e-mail from "you" on scheduled date. You can even schedule sending e-mail messages to someone else. You don't have to remember your friends' birthdays – Becky! does. :-)
- Powerful "Filtering Manager" – You can sort messages into folders according to the filtering rules. You can define unlimited and/or conditions for one filtering rule.
- "Mailing Lists Manager" helps you to organize multiple mailing list subscriptions. You don't have to search past e-mail just to find how to unsubscribe the list.
- "Plug-In" Interface enables third parties to create useful plug-ins to customize Becky! for your particular needs. Actually, Becky!'s voice message and PGP functionality are the plug-ins.
- etc. Of course, Ver.2 inherits Ver.1's numerous convenient features.Changes : Ver.2.29 -> Ver.2.30 (2007/01/08):
- Fully compatible with Windows Vista.
- Help file is converted to chm format. If you are running Becky! on Windows95 and can not open chm file, simply delete B2.chm from the installed folder. Older hlp file is also included in the Becky!'s installation package for the compatibility, though the hlp file will no more be updated hereafter.
- When "File">"Mailbox">"Reveal Mailbox" is processed on hidden mailboxes, original xxxxxxxx.mb folder name will be preserved.
- Text wrapping will be more precise even if proportional font is used.
- "Go to Download Site" button is added to "About" dialog.
- Font size setting in "Print Setup" dialog will be handled differently from the older version. You may need some adjustment for this setting by looking at the print preview.
- BUGFIX: When you process "Synchronize with portable media", if target folder does not have messages to be taken out, 0 byte file was created on the portable media.
- BUGFIX: When attachment file name has certain length, the file extension part was incorrectly displayed.
- BUGFIX: There were some glitches in "Regular Expression" in Ver.2.29.
- BUGFIX: When filtering on IMAP Inbox is processed, "Mark Read" action was ignored.
- BUGFIX: When IMAP Inbox was sorted by certain criteria (like Subject), "Sort Selected Messages" did not work properly.
- BUGFIX: When a text that includes long lines was printed, duplication of text occurred between pages.