WinHex ver. 13.0 SR-5 | 1,30 Mb
WinHex is a universal hexadecimal editor, particularly helpful in the realm of computer forensics, data recovery, low-level data processing, and IT security.
An advanced tool for everyday and emergency use: inspect and edit all kinds of files, recover deleted files or lost data from hard drives with corrupt file systems or from digital camera cards.
This hex editor grants access to data other programs hide from you.
Here are some key features of "WinHex":
· Disk editor for hard disks, floppy disks, CD-ROM & DVD, ZIP, Smart Media, Compact Flash, …
· Powerful directory browser for FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, and NTFS
· RAM editor, providing access to other processes' virtual memory
· Data interpreter, knowing 20 data types
· Editing data structures using templates (e.g. to repair partition table/boot sector)
· Concatenating and splitting files, unifying and dividing odd and even bytes/words
· Analyzing and comparing files
· Particularly flexible search and replace functions
· Disk cloning, with a specialist license also under DOS
· Drive images & backups (optionally compressed or split into 650 MB archives)
· Programming interface (API) and scripting (professional & specialist licenses only)
· 128-bit encryption, checksums, CRC32, hashes (MD5, SHA-1, …)
· Erase (wipe) confidential files securely, hard drive cleansing to protect your privacy
· Import all clipboard formats, incl. ASCII hex values
· Convert between binary, hex ASCII, Intel Hex, and Motorola S
· Character sets: ANSI ASCII, IBM ASCII, EBCDIC, (Unicode)
· Instant window switching. Printing. Random-number generator.
· Supports files >4 GB. Very fast. Easy to use. Extensive online help.