1) Character Map = charmap.exe
2) Disk Cleanup = cleanmgr.exe
3) Clipboard Viewer = clipbrd.exe (view contents of Windows clipboard)
4) Dr Watson = drwtsn32.exe (Troubleshooting tool)
5) DirectX diagnosis = dxdiag.exe (Diagnose & test DirectX, video & sound cards)
6) Private character editor = eudcedit.exe ( creation or modification of characters)
7) IExpress Wizard = iexpress.exe (Create self-extracting / self-installing package)
8) Microsoft Synchronization Manager = mobsync.exe ( allows synchronization of files on the network for working offline. UNDOCUMENTED).
9) Windows Media Player 5.1 = mplay32.exe (Retro version of Media Player, very basic).
10) ODBC Data Source Administrator = odbcad32.exe
11) Object Packager = packager.exe ( packaging objects for insertion in files, has comprehensive help files).
12) System Monitor = perfmon.exe ( Everything you ever wanted to know about any aspect of PC performance )
13) Program Manager = progman.exe (Legacy Windows 3.x desktop shell, I use this when I don't want other people messing with my machine…).
14) Remote Access phone book = rasphone.exe
15) Registry Editor = regedt32.exe [also regedit.exe] (for hacking the Windows Registry).
16) Network shared folder wizard = shrpubw.exe (creates shared folders on network)
17) File siganture verification tool = sigverif.exe
18) Volume Contro = sndvol32.exe (Just in case you've lost it from your tray).
19) System Configuration Editor = sysedit.exe (modify System.ini & Win.ini just like in Win98! ).
20) Syskey = syskey.exe (Secures XP Account database - BE CAREFUL.. appears to encrypt all passwords…UNDOCUMENTED).
21) Microsoft Telnet Client = telnet.exe
22) Driver Verifier Manager = verifier.exe ( utility for monitoring the actions of drivers ?( useful if having driver problems? UNDOCUMENTED).
23) Windows for Workgroups Chat = winchat.exe ( old NT utility to allow chat sessions over a LAN, some help files available).
24) "Microsoft System Configuration Utility" or simply "MSCONFIG." Designed to help you troubleshoot problems with your computer, MSCONFIG can also be used to ensure that your computer boots faster and crashes less.
My Other posts on AvaxHome :