Teach Yourself VISUALLY Chess (Teach Yourself Visually)
Visual | ISBN 0470049839 | 2006-12-18 | PDF | 284 pages | 36.31 MB
Chess is a mental game, but you don't have to strain your brain to learn the basics—not with this guide that shows you how to play. Teach Yourself VISUALLY Chess covers how to set up the board, how each piece moves, opening strategies and variations, attacking themes and common sacrifices, and more. Photos of the board let you see strategies in action. For hands-on practice, you can even set up your board and make your moves as you learn. With this book and practice, you'll be saying "Checkmate" in no time.
* Concise two-page lessons show you all the steps to a skill and are ideal for quick review
* Each move or tactic is clearly explained
* Explanations accompany each photo
* Color photos and diagrams show key positions, strategies, and moves
* Helpful tips provide additional guidance