Debbie Harmsen, Michael Nalepa, "Fodor's California National Parks: Channel Islands, Death Valley, Joshua Tree, Lassen Volcanic, Redwood, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Yosemite"
ISBN: 1400005611 | 2010 | EPUB/MOBI | 378 pages | 41 MB/44 MB
Get inspired and plan your next trip with Fodor’s e-book guide to California’s national parks: Channel Islands, Death Valley, Joshua Tree, Kings Canyon, Lassen, Sequoia, and Yosemite. To get your bearings, browse a brief overview of each park and peruse full-color maps of the region. You’ll develop an immediate sense of each park’s awe-inspiring landscape as you flip through an album of vivid full-color photographs. Read on and find all of the essential, up-to-date details you expect from a Fodor’s guide: From the best dining and lodging in the area to must-see hikes and scenic drives, Fodor’s has it all.
Discover seven great California parks in one e-book:
· Just 60 miles northwest of Los Angeles, the five islands of Channel Islands park are a nature-lover’s paradise and home to 145 species found nowhere else on the planet.
· Straddling the southern California and Nevada borders, Death Valley is the largest national park in the contiguous U.S. and features breathtaking vistas and blasting 120-degree heat.
· World-class rock climbing and spectacular desert scenery are highlights of Joshua Tree. The eponymous trees—twisted and prickly, with clumps of spiny leaves—are straight out of a Dr. Seuss book.
· Visitors to Lassen Volcanic will find spectacular geologic wonders plus more than 150 miles of hiking trails, countless mountain lakes and streams, and flowering meadows.
· Ancient evergreens tower over visitors among the jagged mountain slopes of Sequoia and Kings Canyon, which cover more than 850,000 acres combined.
· Shimmering waterfalls and the soaring granite monoliths of Half Dome and El Capitan are some of the classic images you’ll see in Yosemite’s 748,000 acres.
Note: This e-book edition includes photographs and maps that will appear on black-and-white devices but are optimized for devices that support full-color images.