"Chinese: A Comprehensive Grammar " by Yip Po-Ching, Don Rimmington
Routledge | 2003 | English | ISBN: 0415150329 | 434 pages | PDF | 15 Mb
Chinese: A Comprehensive Grammar is a complete reference guide to Chinese grammar.
It presents a fresh and accessible description of the language, concentrating on the real patterns of use in modern Chinese. The Grammar is an essential reference source for the learner and user of Chinese, irrespective of level. It is ideal for use in schools, colleges, universities and adult classes of all types and will remain the standard reference work for years to come.
The volume is organized to promote a thorough understanding of Chinese grammar. It offers a stimulating analysis of the complexities of the language, and provides full and clear explanations. Throughout, the emphasis is on Chinese as used by present-day native speakers.
An extensive index and numbered paragraphs provide readers with easy access to the information they require.
· thorough and comprehensive coverage of the modern language
· use of script and romanisation throughout
· detailed treatment of common grammatical structures and parts of speech
· extensive and wide-ranging use of examples
· particular attention to areas of confusion and difficulty