Frommer's Venice Day by Day (Frommer's Day by Day)
Frommers | 2009-03-30 | ISBN: 0470384395 | 192 pages | PDF | 20 MB
Features: Byzantine Venice, Great Palazzi of Venice, Venice's Most Photogenic Ponti, and more
Venice Day by Day is the perfect answer for travelers who want to know the best places to visit and the best way to see the city. This attractively priced, four-color guide offers dozens of itineraries that show you how to see the best of Venice in a short time–with bulleted maps that lead the way from sight to sight. Featuring a full range of thematic and neighborhood tours, plus dining, lodging, shopping, nightlife, and practical visitor info, Venice Day by Day is the only guide that helps travelers organize their time to get the most out of a trip. Inside this book you'll find:
* Full color throughout with hundreds of photos and dozens of maps
* Sample one- to three-day itineraries that include Venice's Grand Canal, Venice's Best Churches, Places to Escape the Crowds, side trips to Padua and Verona, and more
* Star ratings for all hotels, restaurants, and attractions clue readers in on great finds and values
* Tear-resistant foldout map in a handy, reclosable plastic wallet
* Foldout front cover, with at-a-glance maps and quick-reference info
Summary: Misplaced locations and incomplete information
My wife and I recently stopped in Venice on our honeymoon. We followed this book's recommendation of the best pastry shop in Venice and found ourselves in a piazza with a store that had a gelato stand and a couple of muffins. We've tried 3 of these Frommer's dad by day guides now and are always underwhelmed. We were impressed with the Rick Steve's book for Italy which had a large section on Venice. Your hotel or any store in the area can provide you with a much much better map than this book has for 3 euros.
Summary: The only book you need for Venice
This one book has everything–explanations, pull out map, and a useful dictionary. I bought other products and this is really all I need for Venice.