Matthew Bamberg, «Digital Art Photography for Dummies»
Wiley | ISBN 0764598015 | 2006 Year | 370 Pages | PDF 26 Mb
So you’ve made the jump to digital photography and you’re having a ball with your new camera, right? Now, you’re wondering just what it would take to make your photos a little more than just snapshots. Well, Digital Art Photography For Dummies is a great place to find out!
You’ll not only discover great new ideas, you’ll see the effects in full color. This book will help you
* Get fabulous, well-exposed photos, no matter what your shooting conditions may be
* Tweak, edit, and enhance your images to create something a lot better than what you started with, or maybe something entirely new
* Produce gallery-worthy art prints that people are willing to pay for
* Find out if it’s time to upgrade your computer to handle graphics work
Sound like fun? This plain-English guide makes it easy, too! You’ll find out just what makes a picture artistic, how to plan and set up a good photo shoot, what kinds of tools are available in Photoshop to help you enhance or even completely revamp an image, and how to be sure that what comes out of your printer meets all your expectations. Best of all, this book is jam-packed with full-color images that show you just what you can produce. You’ll find out how to
* Select the right digital equipment
* Shoot in color, black-and-white, and at night
* Choose subject matter that fits your style
* Understand and use your camera’s settings to get the best shots
* Photograph landscapes, people, action, and just about anything else
* Create special effects in Photoshop
* Improve the quality of your photos or turn them into true works of art
* Mat and frame your work for maximum effect
If you’re comfortable with your digital camera but want to find out more about creating cool effects in Photoshop, you can jump directly to Part III and discover tips and techniques that turn ordinary pictures into extraordinary art. Or maybe you’ve been trying to get better nighttime photos. Part II is all about setting up your equipment and getting the perfect shot. Like all For Dummies books, Digital Art Photography For Dummies is designed so you can go directly to the part that most interests you.
Whether you’ve been thinking of selling your work or you just want to create a knock-their-socks-off family gallery that your relatives can view online, this book shows you how to take your photography hobby to the next level. Even if you just want to look at the pictures for inspiration, you can’t go wrong!