Visio 2003 Bible
Publisher: Wiley | ISBN: 0764557246 | May 2004 | PDF | 814 Pages | Size: 6.93 Mb
* Providing comprehensive coverage of Visio's large feature set for technical and engineering professionals, the book begins with a quick introduction to the intuitive interface
* This book quickly moves into the specialized stencils, shapes, and templates used in software and network design and documentation, engineering disciplines, and project management
* Features strong coverage of Visio's tight integration with other Microsoft Office products and as well as its interoperability with related products from other vendors, including AutoCad
* Explores how users in various fields can customize Visio with add-ons to meet their specific needs
* The author is a structural engineer and Visio user with twenty years of experience in project management
Table of Contents
Part I: Understanding Visio Fundamentals.
Chapter 1: Getting Started with Visio.
Chapter 2: Getting Started with Drawings.
Chapter 3: Working with Visio Files.
Chapter 4: Working with Shapes.
Chapter 5: Connecting Shapes.
Chapter 6: Working with Text.
Chapter 7: Formatting Visio Elements.
Part II: Integrating Visio Drawings.
Chapter 8: Inserting, Linking, and Embedding Objects.
Chapter 9: Importing, Exporting, and Publishing Visio Data to the Web.
Chapter 10: Linking Shapes with Data.
Part III: Using Visio for Office Productivity.
Chapter 11: Collaborating with Others.
Chapter 12: Building Block Diagrams.
Chapter 13: Constructing Charts and Graphs.
Chapter 14: Working with Organization Charts.
Chapter 15: Working with Flowcharts.
Chapter 16: Documenting Business Processes.
Chapter 17: Scheduling Projects with Visio.
Chapter 18: Documenting Brainstorming Sessions.
Part IV: Using Visio in Information Technology.
Chapter 19: Modeling and Documenting Databases.
Chapter 20: Building UML Models.
Chapter 21: Building Software Development Diagrams.
Chapter 22: Mapping Web Sites.
Chapter 23: Creating Network Diagrams.
Part V: Using Visio for Architecture and Engineering.
Chapter 24: Working with Scaled Drawings.
Chapter 25: Creating Scaled Plan Drawings.
Chapter 26: Laying Out Architectural and Engineering Plans.
Chapter 27: Planning Space and Managing Facilities.
Chapter 28: Integrating CAD and Visio.
Chapter 29: Working with Engineering Drawings.
Part VI: Customizing Templates, Stencils, and Shapes.
Chapter 30: Creating and Customizing Templates.
Chapter 31: Creating and Customizing Stencils.
Chapter 32: Creating and Customizing Shapes.
Chapter 33: Customizing Shapes Using ShapeSheets.
Chapter 34: Formatting with Styles.
Chapter 35: Customizing Toolbars and Menus.
Chapter 36: Automating Visio.
Part VII: Quick Reference.
Chapter 37: Installing Visio 2003.
Chapter 38: Visio 2003 Help Resources.
Chapter 39: Additional Resources for Templates and Stencils.
Chapter 40: Keyboard Shortcuts.
Chapter 41: Template and Stencil Reference.
Index. Rapidshare Linkhttp://rapidshare.com/files/5188714/V2003B.rar