Helga A. Rhode, "Dealing with Conflict and Confrontation: How to Keep Your Cool, Stand Your Ground and Reach a Positive Resolution"
Publisher: Careertrack | 1996-05 | ISBN: 1559774878 | mp3 96kbps - 32KHz | Duration: 4 hours | Language: English
Conflicts are inevitable. Anger, grudges, hurt and blame are not. In fact, most of your conflicts can be resolved fairly easily. Even better, you can do it in a way that actually benefits all concerned. This insight-packed program will show you how.
* The 2 primary reasons conflicts occur (and how to see them coming)
* Why people become enemies, and how to break the cycles that lead us to hostilities
* When conflict is good: 5 ways conflict can actually benefit you and your organization
* When conflict is bad: the 5 levels of escalation, and how to stop each from
* When it's OK to give in ? and when you should stand your ground
* How to "confront" people in a way that minimizes defensiveness and hostility
* The best way to balance being firm with being conciliatory
* Creative resolution: 3 surefire ways to break through impasses
* Best ways to deal with dirty tactics, such as back stabbing, lying and sabotage
* The 5 classic conflict-resolution strategies, and the pros and cons of each