Java Programming 10-Minute Solutions
Sybex | 2003-12-30 | ISBN: 0782142850 | PDF | Pages 400 | 3.43 MB
The problems encountered by a beginning Java programmer are many–and mostly minor.
The problems you encounter as an experienced Java programmer are far fewerâ€”and far more serious.
Java Programming 10-Minute Solutions provides direct solutions to the thorny problems you're most likely to run up against in your work. Especially when a project entails new techniques or draws you into a realm outside your immediate expertise, potential headaches abound. With this book, a veteran Java programmer saves you both aggravation andâ€”just as importantâ€”time.
Here are some of the solutions you'll find inside:
* Parsing XML using SAX and DOM, and using XSLT to transform XML to HTML
* Java file I/O: copying and deleting entire directories
* Using Java search algorithms
* Thread management
* Leveraging Java Web Services support in SOAP, XML-RPC, and XML over HTTP
* Low-level JDBC programming
* Using servlets and JSPs (including struts) for web applications
* Using Enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs) container managed persistence
* Generating EJB classes with ant and XDocolet
* Using JUnit for unit testing
Modeled after the straightforward Q&A approach of the DevX website, these in-depth, code-intensive solutions help you past obstacles right now and ultimately make you a smarter, more effective programmer.