GENTLE GIANT, Acquiring The Taste
Total Time: 39:01
Note : all the songs are in a single track.
The group's second album lays it out in the liner notes: "We have recorded each composition with the one thought - that it should be unique, adventurous and fascinating". Although they'd come closer to that lofty goal on subsequent records, you can hear the various magical elements that make up GENTLE GIANT's best work coalesce on this effort. The complex vocal harmonies found here are some of the band's most ambitious, while medieval interludes and unexpected musical shifts (in keys and meters) make their appearance.
- Gary Green / 6 string guitar, 12 string guitar, 12 string wah-wah guitar, donkey's jawbone, cat calls, voice
- Kerry Minnear / electric piano, organ, mellotron, vibraphone, Moog, piano, celeste, clavichord, harpsichord, tympani, maracas, lead vocals
- Derek Shulman / alto sax, clavichord, cowbell, lead vocals
- Phil Shulman / alto & tenor sax, clarinet, trumpet, piano, claves, maracas, lead vocals
- Ray Shulman / bass, violin, viola, electric violin, Spanish guitar, tambourine, 12 string guitar, organ bass pedals, skulls, vocals
- Martin Smith / drums, tambourine, gongs, side drum
- Assisted by Paul Cosh (trumpet, organ) and Tony Visconti (recorder, bass drum, triangle